Adam Brown4 Minute Read
The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are getting ready for it, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Man Utd want Kane deal done quickly
Manchester United are preparing to step up their pursuit of Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane, according to the Guardian.
Unprepared to meet the €150 million valuation set by Napoli for Victor Osimhen, the 29-year-old England international is reported to be the club’s priority option this summer, and they are set to move quickly to sign him once the transfer window opens.
The Old Trafford hierarchy see Kane as a player who could instantly transform them into Premier League title contenders, with manager Erik ten Hag said to be “obsessed” with securing his signature. Eager to ensure that negotiations don’t drag on through the summer, they want to begin talks swiftly with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
Should they fail to reach an agreement to sign him, Atalanta forward Rasmus Hojlund has been identified as a potential alternative, though it is believed that the Denmark international would be acquired as a player for the future.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)
– Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount would prefer a move to Manchester United if he does not remain at Stamford Bridge, writes the Athletic. Contract talks have stalled with the 24-year-old, who will enter the final year of his deal in June. Despite recent links of interest from Liverpool, the latest indicates that Mount would prefer to make the switch to Old Trafford rather than Anfield.
– Manchester City are keen on signing West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice, says Relevo. He has been attracting interest from a number of clubs with Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Newcastle United among the latest clubs linked. However, it looks as though the Premier League champions have marked the 26-year-old as a reinforcement to Pep Guardiola’s squad this summer.
– Defender Lucas Hernandez has paused contract talks with Bayern Munich, reports Sport1’s Kerry Hau. The 27-year-old is reported to have received an offer from Paris Saint-Germain, and he would like time to consider it before committing his future to remain at the Allianz Arena. He will enter the final year of his deal next month, but while it was previously thought that an extension was likely, there is now uncertainty over his situation in Germany.
– Multiple Premier League clubs are tracking Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Edmond Tapsoba, understands Fabrizio Romano. Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are said to have scouted the 24-year-old recently, but the Bundesliga side would only part ways with him if they received a significant proposal. He has made 32 appearances this season, continuing to play a key role for manager Xabi Alonso’s side.
– Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City are keeping close tabs on River Plate attacking midfielder Claudio Echeverri, reports Ekrem Konur. Scouts from both clubs are understood to be watching the 17-year-old, who is also on the radar of Real Madrid, Arsenal, and AC Milan. Echeverri has been a standout performer for the Argentina youth national team, where he scored five goals while registering three assists in four matches at the U17 South American Championship.